Home YL1 YA6 AT2 MT125 CS3 RD200 TD1C TD2 RT2 CanAm

My Yamaha CT1/2 Road Racer

At the starting line at NHIS

The frame is stock and the front end is from an RD200. I made a dry clutch and machined a basket to fit TZ125 plates. I machined 3 pounds off the front disc. It still has steel rims and tires that are too big and weighs about 185 lbs.

 I machined the head out of a block of aluminum after failing to find a MX center plug head. I made a new clutch basket to fit TZ125 dry plates. The drive for the dry clutch needs some more development. I made 2 pipes but haven't checked them on the dyno.

I cut away a set of cases to help while modifying a 6 speed from a later model MX175. Had to grind some of the gears a little thinner. Took a while but it works.

Next project, after modifying the dry clutch, will be a new frame like my other bikes. That may get the weight down close to 150 lbs.
I finally made the the frame but decided to use it with an AT2 125 motor. It's on the AT2 page.
Then I decided to go back to a 175 so I sent the barrel out to Scott Clough in California to modify. It now is faster than my RD200 and the new frame handles well. I also made a new pipe and will be installing the 6 speed transmission.

I had to move the indexing hole over 4mm

I shortened the cam about 2mm and make some sleeves for the fork shafts.

This cap stops any end play of the fork cam.

I pressed on a sleeve for the neutral plunger.

Now the revs drop anywhere from 2000 from first to second and only 850 between 5th and 6th gear. The motor never drops below 8000.